Openoffice stills needs to be better

I spent ages mucking around trying to get proper pdf output for a poster since the rendered pdf’s looked initially awful. Turns out that this is partly due to using the “Generic printer”. Changing it to another printer fixes it. You need to run a seperate program called spadmin, which isn’t on the path by default in linux and it really should be launchable from the main program.

Plus spell checking is busted – I’ve installed hunspell, set up languages and dictionaries and still it doesn’t find any mispellings (note: I put pooasdasksg in as a check, but maybe I’m mistaken and pooasdasksg really is a word).



0 comments ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..

Leave a Comment